61 2 4782 6233
Clairvaux Community Centre 14 Oak Street, Katoomba NSW 2780
Without the contribution of volunteers, Blue Mountains Wildplant Rescue Service could not function or even exist. Volunteers are the heart of our organisation, proving that people who care can make a difference.
In a time when it is easy to despair at the amount of work that needs to be done to repair and safeguard our earth’s ecosystems, volunteers bring great hope.
Why not become a member of BMWRS as a friend or as a volunteer to help us at the nursery or with rescues?
Who Are Our Volunteers?
Volunteers for Wildplant Rescue can be drawn from a broad cross section of the local community. They are usually people with some availability during the day and a determination to do something positive to preserve their local biodiversity. Volunteers bring a variety of knowledge, skills, energy levels and attitudes.
There is a place for anyone who is willing to contribute, regardless of age, intelligence, fitness level, ethnicity and health. Volunteers’ work will depend largely on their interests, skills and availability. Some will prefer specific tasks while others will be willing to do whatever is required on the day.
Areas of Work for Volunteers
There are five main areas of work available:
1. Rescues: site assessors and coordinators, instructing/educating workers about the site,
2. Seed collection: a certain level of knowledge and skill are required to ensure that the
3. Nursery: seed cleaning, sowing, potting-up, watering, weeding, pot cleaning,
4. Office: administrative tasks including updating the database, word processing, bookkeeping,
5. Fundraising and promotion: preparing funding submissions, organising and manning
Become a member of BMWRS today as a friend or as a volunteer!